‘Beausoleil’ means the owners of the house, lake and grounds, Matt Collins and Irène Le Covec
‘Guest’ means all persons renting and resident at Beausoleil
Booking and Rental
- A deposit of £375 or €450 is required to confirm your booking. The deposit must be received within 7 days of your booking request and is non-refundable. If the deposit is not received within 7 days, we will consider the booking as cancelled. The balance payment of £1,000 or €1 150 is due 10 weeks before the start of your holiday. If full payment is not received by us on or before the due day, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-advertise the week(s) as available. If the booking is made within 10 weeks of arrival, full payment is required in order to confirm the booking.
- The rental period is from 14:30 on the day of arrival until 10.00 on the day of departure, unless agreed otherwise in writing prior to the start of the holiday. The house must be left in a clean, tidy and undamaged condition on the day of departure. The guests staying at Beausoleil for the duration of the rental must be those declared on the booking form.
- The security deposit is £150 / €200 for each rental week. Any breakages, damage or loss caused to the property or its contents during the rental period may result in the forfeit of some or all of the security deposit. Beausoleil reserves the right to retain money from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs should the property be left in an unacceptable condition. The security deposit will be returned, subject to the conditions above, at the end of your holiday.
- All guests must follow our lake rules which can be found here.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If you cancel your booking, the deposit is not refundable irrespective of when or why the cancellation is made. If you cancel your holiday less than 10 weeks before the start date of your holiday, you are liable for 100% of the cost of the holiday. If the final payment is not received by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
- Beausoleil strongly recommends that the guest takes out holiday insurance to cover unavoidable cancellation, incident, injury or illness. We also advise that the guest takes out additional breakdown and motor insurance. Don’t forget your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which gives you the right to access the French healthcare system.
Limit of Liability
- All travel arrangements to and from the lake is your responsibility. We do not accept any responsibility for any disruption to your travel arrangements.
- We are not liable for any temporary defect, disruption or stoppage in the supply of local public services such as water and electricity supplies, or any loss, damage or injury which is caused as a result of adverse weather conditions or other matters beyond our control. Under no circumstances will our liability to you exceed the amount you paid for your holiday.
Health & Safety
- Beausoleil operates a strict no smoking policy within the house.
- The property is a fishing venue and is not necessarily suitable for young children. Groups bringing children under 16 do so at their own risk and they should be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- Only guests wearing life jackets are permitted to use the rowing boat provided. We do not supply life jackets.